Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Taco Salad Swirls

On September 5, 2013, I started going back to the gym and tracking what I eat using MyFitnessPal. I am pleased to report that I've dropped 11 pounds since then. Just dropped 'em. Let them slip away and didn't stop to pick 'em back up.

Four- or five-days-a week cardio workouts and a 1350/cal a day limit (give or take) has done the trick. And I ain't done yet. I'm a-gonna keep dropping.

Today, I finally got back into my favorite pair of jeans, the ones I had banished to the back of the closet since my 2nd month of pregnancy with Ian, in 2009. BAM.

But also, today, I am thinking about taco salad.
Lots of it.

It is one of Finn's favorite foods (ground beef, taco seasoning, lettuce, cheese, done) and we're making it tonight. And I want it. I want that taco salad. I want it bad.

Two-plus months of nothing but a Diet Coke and a turkey/swiss/pickle sandwich for lunch can make the mind swirl and turn and spin when it comes to dinner. And today, my dinner swirl is a tasty kaleidoscope of taco salad.

How am I supposed to concentrate when I have taco salad on the brain? How, I ask you?





2 comments:

Earl said...

Your absence caused us to miss your opinion on 50 shades of grey.

Kerry said...

I did write about that, back in June 2012.

http://kerrysblahblahblog.blogspot.com/2012/06/book-reviewbook-revulsion.html